Friday, February 03, 2006

Web 2.1

The Web 2.1 era will officially start when somebody develops a technology (based on RSS, Ajax and folksonomies, no doubt) that will cause a person's head to pop right off their neck if they use the word "blogosphere", or name their startup something like wombt or pervrt.

If Web 2.0 is A MASSIVE REVOLUTION IN DIGITAL LIFESTYLES, then 2.1 is the minor revision where somebody fixes all the goddamn annoying parts.

Not sure why I'm so cranky about this hype all of a sudden. There's a certain amount of hypocrisy going on here, as I was quick to jump in and be a guinea pig on 37Signals' Campfire load test today.

Maybe I just need to embrace the bullshit. Maybe pervrt isn't taken yet. I'd better get on the horn to my squadron of trademark lawyers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home