Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The cat grows weary of his diet

My cat is so fat. HOW FAT IS HE?

Fat enough that he almost broke the 20-pound barrier. 12 pounds is considered the reasonable upper end of cat weight.

Fat enough that couldn't clean himself DOWN THERE, because he couldn't reach around his enormous gut and he'd just fall over when he tried to do it.

Anyway, we finally put both cats on a diet and they've lost close to 20% of their body weight, which is damn impressive. Makes me wish that I was some giant cat's pet and he'd just put me on a restricted calorie diet, ignoring my plaintive ape-mewlings for burritos.

The weight loss hasn't come without consequences, though. They never used to be scroungers; all they were interested in eating was their kibble.

A month into the diet, the fatter of the two started trying to steal bits of barbecued pork off of my dinner plate while I was trying to eat it.

Two months into the diet, he started jumping up on the kitchen counter to lick bacon grease out of the frying pan.

We're three months into the diet now, and this morning I heard him on the counter.

He was trying to eat dry pasta.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's hilarious. My friend's cats both have weight problems. They're such beggars. They're worse than dogs most of the time.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home